[DONE!] RTS in April 2017?

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions [DONE!] RTS in April 2017?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

After we checked out the origins of FPSs in March, why don’t we continue through the big genres of today and continue with an RTS?

I suggest Command & Conquer. It’s not quite the first, but it may be less tedious from a modern perspective as it already implements some of the modern features that are lacking in some older games.

Admin Edit: Took us until July 2017 to actually cover it, but we played C&C back then. Discuss it on its dedicated forum!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oooh, I’m all for this! I love C&C. After having played Dune II, the automatic resource gathering felt like such a step in the right direction. And the FMVs in between the missions are epic as well.

I think there are a lot of Warcraft fans as well though. Especially Warcraft II was a very good RTS game and released around the same time as C&C was released.

I’m not aware of a lot of other DOS RTSes to be honest, outside of these two series I mean. I think “Z” is one, but I’ve never played it. Other notable series, such as StarCraft, Total Annihilation or Age of Empires were all released for Windows, not for DOS.

If anyone knows an obscure, but good RTS game for DOS, I’m very much interested!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Okay, so we chose GPC for April, which is great because April is also an LD month, so we should keep the DGC time shorter.

But that means we can plan C&C for May, right? 😀

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Haha. Sure, let’s just get it out of the way 😛

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘[DONE!] RTS in April 2017?’ is closed to new replies.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions [DONE!] RTS in April 2017?