Scoreboard!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

• rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Tijn made a real scoreboard! Please post your times (with screenshots!) there

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I think lap times per circuit would be the most interesting thing to compare.

There’s also the total amount of points in the championship, but as you can save/load as you please, getting the maximum number of points in a season is easier than you might think.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I would suggest: Post lap time per circuit and difficulty level? Or we only accept highest difficulty 😉

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

BRAZIL (difficulty: 5)
    ——————
    Tijn – Ferrari – 01m24.2s
    Tijn – McLaren – 01m26.2s

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

SILVERSTONE (difficulty: 5)
    ———————————
    Tijn – McLaren – 01m12.8s

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Is that qualifying times? Or best lap in a race?

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Those are best lap times from practice 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Ok, turns out keeping a scoreboard on a forum doesn’t really work.

So I’ve made a thing. Lo and behold: the official DOS Game Club Grand Prix Circuit Scoreboard!

It’s at: https://www.dosgameclub.com/grandprixcircuit.php

I’ve posted my 2 best times for Brazil & Monaco (I have screenshots as proof). I’ll post more times as I get them. I hope you guys will too!

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Great job on the scoreboard Tijn! I didn’t expect that different cars would suit different races better. IIRC I always picked the McLaren as a kid 😛

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Haha, yeah the McLaren has the best straight-line speed, so it works well for high speed circuits such as Italy and Germany. But for more bendy circuits such as Monaco or Detroit, the Ferrari performs much better because it can maintain a higher speed around the corners.

I’ve just set the best time for Canada in a Williams, but I don’t know if that time can’t be beaten in a McLaren. I’m not very impressed by the Williams so far 😛

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

After a few tracks, yes definitely the McLaren is not suited for all circuits. It’s a bit obvious now!

I’ve practiced a bit on Monaco, and while I’m still nowhere near the 1’00 mark I feel the Ferrari is much more suited to it than the others.

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Whoops right for my first serious time I used to wrong proof as attachment… Here’s the actual screencap for my latest Brazil time:

http://i.imgur.com/bEGY8oI.png

I guess the other cars give me an additional concentration boost 😛

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I held #1 in Japan for a while, after I had done a quick lap in a Ferrari, but toasty managed to beat me in a McLaren.

I recorded a video of my attempt to retake the #1 position 😀 Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOTd4ntAizg

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Congratulations Tijn! Having watched the video, I think you’ve earned it 😉

Feel free to try Monaco or Detroit too 😀

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Did it!

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ok guys I’ve been inspired by our little chat with the grand champion, and now it’s time to up the antes. I just secured:

* 1st place on Detroit (Ferrari is definitely the better car), Germany and Britain
    * 2nd place on Italy and Japan

I hope you can handle dual employment as F1 racers and city mayors 😉

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Haha, nice!

I felt inspired by Andries as well, that’s when I decided to try Britain again in the Ferrari and managed a #1 time. But you’ve already broken it, so it’s back to the cockpit for me 😀

AndriesW
    Participant
    Podcaster

It was fun chatting with you guys about my favourite DOS game! And now I will try and join you in playing a different DOS game each month. But I would also like to keep inspiring you to keep playing GPC and get better at it!

So I will react on some earlier messages and post a rough guide that I have written today.

mikema76
    Participant

My personal score in Monaco Montecarlo with Ferrari

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Ha, nice!

Evil Taco
    Participant

I uploaded a Monza record to the scoreboard! Sadly I didn’t have my old copy of the game and don’t have my (and my sister’s and friends’) old times anymore.

They probably weren’t too impressive. 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

So cool to see people still posting stuff here. Maybe I’ll have another go as well!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, I feel motivated to do some races, as well 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.