Ski Jumping International (1994, Ville Kononen)

Home Forums Previous Months 51 – December 2020: Skiing Games Ski Jumping International (1994, Ville Kononen)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I think this is easily the most enjoyable game I’ve tried all evening. It’s such great fun! I think it’s made by a single person? Despite that it has a great tutorial and also includes helpful hints from a coach, so you can improve quickly and compete with the best.

The game purely focuses on jumping (as implied from the title), but it goes into a fair amount of detail. There’s the descent, the take off, the angle while flying, different kinds of landings, great stuff! And it just plays great, it’s really really satisfying.

Love this!

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

This is very similar to Deluxe Ski Jump other than the controls. Having played that first, I think I prefer the mouse controls.

I do really like the tips from the coach after the jump. That’s a feature Deluxe Ski Jump could do with. These 2 ski jump games are my clear favourites so far. Not what I would have expected at all.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah I can see the appeal of Deluxe Ski Jump too. I would probably prefer the mouse control if I was playing with an actual mouse. But I’m currently mostly playing these on a laptop’s touchpad which makes keyboard controls *a lot* nicer.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s hard for me to decide between these two ski jump games. The controls in Deluxe are probably more finely tuned, but I really think the coach feature in this one can’t be understated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 51 – December 2020: Skiing Games Ski Jumping International (1994, Ville Kononen)