Speedrunning Stream this Thursday

Home Forums Previous Months 62 – October 2021: Hugo’s House of Horrors Speedrunning Stream this Thursday

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Dr. Dos
    Participant

Hey y’all!

The Hugo series (and in particular the first game) was a favorite of mine growing up. I was super excited when I saw it was going to be the club pick for October.

In 2019 I was making a conversion of the game to ZZT which meant running around in that house quite a bit. That in turn got me curious if there were any speedruns, and while hardly a popular game there were a few short runs.

I wound up finding a few random bugs from having the game going so much and actually took the world record finishing the game in just under 2 minutes!

Since then RetroTKS brought it down another 10 seconds to 1m49s.

I wanted to share the fun so this Thursday, at 2pm pacific time (5pm eastern, 21:00 UTC) I’m going to stream the first game, play a bit casually, and then see if I can take back the world record, plus show off a few silly glitches that aren’t time savers.

Dosmeow on Twitch
    Twitter announcement

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Awesome! I love watching speedruns! There are so many bugs and exploits in this game I didn’t know about. Very cool…
    Unfortunately I don’t thing I’ll be able to watch the live stream, but best of luck!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Very cool! I think I should have time to watch.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Congrats on getting the WR back, Dr. Dos! It was a cool stream. Really hope you’ll join the podcast.

Dr. Dos
    Participant

Thank you!

I’ve started getting everything split up and uploaded from the recording. Here’s the WR run and the full stream which took nearly 3 hours and includes a casual playthrough, showing off the strats used to get my first WR, a glitch exhibition, and then the final attempts.

If I have some free time I’d like to do a casual stream of the 2nd and 3rd games in the trilogy as well. They’re a bit more solidly built so I never really tried speedrunning them myself, but these games all have a soft spot for me!

And I’d be happy to join the podcast for an episode if I may! A DM on Twitter (@dosmeow) is probably the easiest way to get in touch to get the ball rolling on that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 62 – October 2021: Hugo’s House of Horrors Speedrunning Stream this Thursday