Stunt Island (1992)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Stunt Island (1992)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’ve never been into flight sims particularly but this one was a bit different. You take the role a stunt pilot who has to perform a series of scenes for a movie studio. The better you fly, the more money you can earn as you work through the various stunts to in theory earn enough cash to beat the game. Crash too much and you start losing money.

It has missions like flying a plane through a barn and you get to record and play back your stunts to emphasize the movie theme. There were loads of planes to fly and even gliders, parachutes and the space shuttle if I remember right. It was all really well presented and way more interesting (to me at least) than the usual combat sim. I never did finish it and would love to go back and have another go.

ZargonX
    Participant

My friends and I used to play this a ton, but never as a flight sim. We loved the movie making mode so much, as it was a tool so unlike anything else out there at the time. You could set up some incredibly elaborate scenes that more or less played themselves out on their own. And then being able to edit all the footage together with sound and special effects? Amazing stuff.

I grabbed it off GoG when it popped back up, and though the interface hasn’t aged well, the core is still super fun.

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Just picked this up at 75% off on GoG.
    Time to get rehearsing! 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Stunt Island (1992)