Syndicate (1993)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Syndicate (1993)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hi everyone!
    This is my first post, so let me introduce myself. I’m Rob from the UK, and I love the show! It’s keeping me sane through lockdown 😉 I’ve been working my way through from the first episode and am catching up fast.

I love revisiting my old DOS games every few years, and now with the club I have been doing this with more drive.
    I grew up on Microprose simulations, so I have a lot of love for them. But for my first suggestion, I’d like to propose…Syndicate.

This is the 1993 original from Bullfrog/EA, not sequel Syndicate Wars or the more recent FPS. For those that don’t know, the idea is that you control 4 cybernetically enhanced agents (viewed isometrically), that run around dystopian cities, terminating agents from enemy corporations, assassinating designated unfortunates and ‘persuading’ others with the famous Persuaderatron!

With unique graphics, research and upgrades systems, challenging economics, iconic weaponry (essential minigun, awesome Gauss Gun, etc) and dark sense of humour, Syndicate was an influential classic.
    I think it must’ve been the first time I’d encountered a futuristic dystopian setting like this, and it made a big impression on me and my friends.

I think it would give us a lot to talk about, and I’d love to contribute to the podcast if it got chosen.
    So, what do you guys think?

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Definitely a title worth checking out!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, it’s like an exciting X-Com 😛 Might be my favourite Bullfrog game, this

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s definitely an exciting game. It has quite a tense atmosphere – I rarely feel ‘safe’, no matter how well I’m doing!
    I’m writing a document of useful keys, with hints and tips for anyone that wants to give this game try.
    Will post it here when it’s ready.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

May 2021!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Syndicate (1993)