Terminal Velocity

Home Forums Game Suggestions Terminal Velocity

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

This is one of those shareware titles that grew on me and made me buy the (additional bits included) full retail CD version of the game.

It’s quite fun to fly around the planet surfaces and go into tunnels and come out elsewhere (you could fly there, but it takes a while).

It’s not even close to descent but being topside, but I remember having more fun with this game.

sorceress
    Participant

I got this free with a graphics card I think.

I quite enjoyed the flight controls and combat, but I also felt the game lacked variety of gameplay and objectives. The tunnels were an unexpected and distinctive addition, but were not particularly enjoyable part of the game for me.

claw
    Participant

I got this off the Duke Nukem 3D CD-ROM, I think it was the shareware version and I was super impressed at how well it ran in true 3D.

Of course, it was coded by Mark Randel who was lead programmer on Microsoft Flight Simulator before founding Terminal Reality to create Terminal Velocity. Terminal Reality are still around today and Mark’s still the CEO.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

This is another game I played most of the way through and fizzled out near the end.
    I remember enjoying the controls and how satisfying and intuitive it was to play. But after what felt like about 3000 levels it started to get a bit repetitive and I gave up.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

I just found out they’re making a ‘remaster’ of the game, can’t wait!
    https://www.gematsu.com/2023/01/terminal-velocity-boosted-edition-announced-for-consoles-pc

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Terminal Velocity