The 7th Guest

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions The 7th Guest

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

With October in full swing, I’d thought I’d suggest something for next year, the fmv bonanza, and first multiple cd title. Gripping story, devious puzzles and lots of video.

Also, music was by the Fat Man (I think).

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

October seems to be everyone’s favourite month! We have so many Halloween-y games, it’s perfect!

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Phantasmagoria was something I never got into (despite actually owning it right now!) (it’s for windows :P), but 7th Guest and 11th Hour were more my favorites.

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

Would love to replay 7th guest. I think it was my first big box cd ROM game, and I struggled a lot with the puzzles. I guess young dollarone just wasn’t ready, but I am ready now!

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

I am all about the 7th guest series! And with the fan game, The 13th Doll, due out this June, you all may be able to get an interview with the crew, or just maybe Robert Hirschboeck, the actor who played Stauf… Just some wishful thinking but you all have surprised me in the past!

Baron81
    Participant

the 7th guest was also mine first boxed CD game, I was so happy to have it and to play it, but unfortunately I’ve never moved from a black screen with only the creepy music on.. some bug occured and I had to give back the game, it was very sad

dr_st
    Participant

7th guest is an interesting game with a nice atmosphere and some of the puzzles are quite tricky. I enjoyed it. Still remember the sentence with 11 Ys and no other vowels. 😛

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

I don’t know about anyone else but I was super disappointed with the 25th anniversary edition. The mouse cursor just felt off. I played most of the way through it and just never got the hang of it’s new behavior. Still, it may be a great choice for those new to the game.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oooh, we should totally play this in October this year!

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

At least if you buy the special version on gog, you get the classic versions with it.

BogusMeatFactory
    Participant

Love the 7th Guest, but if it is selected there has to have the caveat that folks must use a program to help with the virus puzzle as the AI in that game is based on your computer specs so modern computers make the AI unbeatable unless you do very specific moves. It is an absolute pain.

Outside of that I love the 7th Guest. Any excuse to include an fmv game is a good one in my book. I adore fmv games.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

In all my playthroughs, even back in the day. I skipped the microscope via the sitting room(?) book.

The game offers a way to skip it anyway.

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

I agree with Bogus. There are quite a few programs on-line that one can use to get past that puzzle and still see the cut scene. If we do play this, I would be happy to post a couple of links to them in the forums.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Awesome tips, guys. I think we should totally do this one for October. I’ve never really played it 😮

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

It sounds like you are in for a treat then sir! This game and it’s sequel defined my childhood! This would be a blast!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Massively looking forward to it 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions The 7th Guest