The character of Simon

Home Forums Previous Months 58 – June 2021: Simon the Sorcerer The character of Simon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I started playing Simon 2 many years ago (floppy version), but stopped so I could play the original first. But I could never find a copy haha!

Anyway, my first impression back then was I really liked Simon because of how much of a **** he is! I only got a few minutes into the game, and he’d already insulted everyone he’d met and played nasty tricks on most of them too.

Now, I don’t know if it’s the addition of voice, different artistic direction from the first to the second game or just my different way of reading characters now that I’m older, but his personality feels a little different.
    The character he now reminds me most of is Danger Mouse (if anyone is familiar with that cartoon rodent).
    He never acts like he’s in any real danger or like anything genuinely bothers him. His whole existence just revolves around being a smart alec and coming up with funny quips at every opportunity.
    It feels very british. If this had been an American game, I’m sure he would have been way more charming. As it is, it feels like he’s just interested in amusing himself, and we’re supposed to think he’s a bit of a sod.
    Which I like as well.
    What’s everyone else’s opinion of him?

HPLovegames
    Participant
    Podcaster

One of his first lines in the intro is a suggestion that he throws his dog in the dryer when he’s bored, so I guess he’s not supposed to be a “nice” guy.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Simon is supposed to 14yo, isn’t he? So he’s just a jerky who has just reached puberty. The worst age of them all.

I’m surprised he even tries to help Calypso at all.

But yeah, he does a few nasty things to people, maybe Sordid was the good guy!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 58 – June 2021: Simon the Sorcerer The character of Simon