The Fools Errand (1987)

Home Forums Game Suggestions The Fools Errand (1987)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

As threatened during last night’s recording, I’m going to throw a few more requests on the list. I’ll deliberately avoid anything too obvious as I’d rather pick games people might not have played before.

It’s been a while since we had a puzzle game and this is one of the best I’ve played. You basically have to solve a series of interconnected word puzzles which reveal a story about the titular fool as you complete them. This story then forms the basis for a much larger puzzle before you can beat the game. The graphics and presentation are probably below average but it doesn’t matter – it’s a really charming game with a great variety of puzzles and I can’t think of anything else quite like it. The author still has a loyal fan base and released a sequel which came out about 30 years after the original which I’m currently chipping away at.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ooooh, I’ve heard of this game! This would make for a really interesting podcast methinks…

KewlioMZX
    Participant

OH MAN, this game. I actually had planned to do a Let’s Play of this many years ago, with full voice acting. I got about halfway done preparing it, aaaaaaand then life happened and I wasn’t able to finish.

This game’s a huge brain teaser, much like Cliff Johnson’s other game. I feel like it would take the entire community playing together if we were going to get through this without using a guide.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions The Fools Errand (1987)