The Making of Karateka

Home Forums Previous Months 86 – November 2023: Karateka The Making of Karateka

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• DJ_HiP
    Participant

I’m sure it’s why Tijn snuck this one in for November 🙂

https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_making_of_karateka

It’s a little steeply priced, but by all accounts is the perfect companion to this months game!

dr_st
    Participant

Sweet! What I love about Karateka is that it’s short. I can totally replay it (probably more than once, too) for November’s discussion.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Haha, yes the remake on Steam is very much the reason why I snuck it in!

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I had a look at this after playing the DOS version. I do like seeing a game get this sort of treatment and the new remakes of Karateka and Deathbounce both play really well. Minus points for not including the DOS port though. There is quite a lot of video and material to go through so the asking price is probably not unreasonable.

Karateka isn’t the first game I’d have wanted to get this sort of treatment. I don’t dislike it but I struggle a bit to see what the all the fuss is about. Maybe it’s one you needed to play at the time. Hopefully we’ll see more of these making ofs for other games.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah I agree, it’s nice an old game gets some special treatment, but I hope other games will get some time in the spotlight as well. Hopefully this Making of Karateka will pave the way for other productions to follow.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 86 – November 2023: Karateka The Making of Karateka