The Music

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• kdrnic
    Participant

The tracks played in the game are all very enticing. Unfortunately they have a lot of noise, apparently added intentionally (maybe to mimic ambient noise?) which I don’t like as much…

The music is credited to Paul Romero, Rob King and Frank Simes, and seems to have included recordings of classic guitar and a real harpsichord.

Paul Romero (unknown relation to John) seems to have a lot of success as a musician, as shown in wikipedia. He seems to have written a Symphony with music from this game, which has already debuted live! Very interesting, although I couldn’t find a recording unfortunately.

dr_st
    Participant

Oh, you mean that the tracks that play during map exploration have that ambient noise (kind of like sound effects superimposed on the music)?

I understand what you mean; interestingly I never gave it a second thought. Probably because the first time I played through the first game was through an early CD-Rip that had no music at all, just ambient noises.

FWIW, the music that plays in the towns/castles and during battles, does not have that ambience added.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

When I play, my CD drive is so loud that I wouldn’t be able to hear any of the noise anyway 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.