The Original Packaging

Home Forums Previous Months 15 – April 2018: Starflight The Original Packaging

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

Just in case anyone was curious what the packaging looked like, I snapped a few pictures of my dad’s old copy before work. I apologize the lighting isn’t great, and one image is pretty blurry… BUT it gets the job done if you just wanna glance at the packaging of old. It’s a unique box style for sure. I think only EA used it for a while in the 80s. It looks very much like a sleeve an old Record would come in.

https://imgur.com/gallery/YAtkS

Corgibuttz
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m not sure whatever happened to the original code wheel. My dad was using a photocopied “backup” copy of the code wheel, but somehow through family moves and such the original code wheel was lost, and I only have my dad’s original photocopy from the 80s. I made a photocopy of the photocopy and pinned it on a poster board.

In the copy of the game is my dad’s original black and white photocopy of the map. he has charted nearly all of the worm holes, and has notes written all over it for items, home worlds, ect. I didn’t want to post any spoilers, so perhaps when the month is over and we’re preparing for the podcast discussion I’ll post it for the historic archives 😉

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Wow, thanks for sharing these! Especially with all the history of your dad’s copy. I love seeing such items with marks that show it was loved by someone for a long time.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Very, very cool stuff!

Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

What a great map it came with. And not just used for copy protection either!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 15 – April 2018: Starflight The Original Packaging