This game has great music

Home Forums Previous Months 55 – March 2021: Rise of the Triad This game has great music

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• claw
    Participant

While admittedly not the greatest FPS ever, I want to acknowledge the music in this game, composed by Lee Jackson, who you might know as the composer of the Duke Nukem 3D theme and many other tracks from that game. It really elevates what would otherwise be a fairly primitive FPS and lends it a sense of fun. The drum programming stands out to me in particular.

This was the first game Lee composed music for, and I think he did an amazing job considering his work has to stand up against the legendary Bobby Prince, who also contributed to ROTT’s music. I’ve linked the SC-55 renditions of some of my personal favourites from Lee below, please share your own!

How’d I do? and its cousin CCCool
    I Choose the Stairs
    Adagio for Strings and Organ
    Mist Ache
    Oww!
    Goin’ Down the Fast Way
    Shards

dr_st
    Participant

RoTT music is indeed totally awesome. Various songs have been used in user-made DOOM level packs, which is where I first heard them.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

It took me until about half-way through the shareware episode to figure out why the FM chip on my soundblaster wasn’t working, so unfortunately I didn’t get to experience all the music.
    But what I did hear, I will agree, was pretty good!
    (I don’t think I’ll go on to play the full game though.)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 55 – March 2021: Rise of the Triad This game has great music