Tomb Raider

Home Forums Game Suggestions Tomb Raider

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Clovergruff
    Participant

I’d love to suggest talking about Tomb Raider!

A 3D Third Person Action Adventure title, released in 1996, originally on the Sega Saturn, but later ported to MS-DOS, as well as many other systems over the years.

There is no better time to talk about this game, since a build of the cancelled remake of the game, Tomb Raider: 10th Anniversary Edition, was just uncovered and released to the public!

f2bnp
    Participant

I approve of this

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I had no idea it was on the Saturn first! I was also surprised the first time I learned that it runs under DOS.

I got it running (poorly) a few years ago on a 100mhz 486. I played it until I was probably near the end, but I got bored when the levels all started to feel the same and then I never finished it. It probably didn’t help that I was getting single digit framerates a lot of the time!

f2bnp
    Participant

Yeah, Tomb Raider really requires a Pentium to shine and even a brings a Pentium II to its knees in SVGA, although the 3D accelerated versions are always an option.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

You have to wonder why they even targetted DOS at all? (Same goes for a few other games of the era). The market for people with machines powerful enough to run the game but who didn’t have windows 95 must have been pretty small.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

Bump for Tomb Raider, I feel like it pretty much set 3d platform / exploration games on the road to where we are today.

And yes, it kicked the hell out of my poor 120mzh 16mb ram machine at the time but then again I was 13 years old and frame rate didn’t seem so important back then!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Tomb Raider