Ultima Underworld 1 and/or 2

Home Forums Game Suggestions Ultima Underworld 1 and/or 2

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• aamiralavi
    Participant

I’m slightly (system) shocked that this seminal game has neither been suggested nor seems to have been covered before! 🤔

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

The club did Ultima VII some time ago, and I feel like the Underworld games have been mentioned somewhere on the podcast.
    I would love an excuse to revisit these. I started playing UUW 1 some time ago, but it felt very slow to get started. I loved the engine and the atmosphere and the depth of gameplay and story, but I struggled to get past those first several hours you need to really get into the swing of it.
    It also suffers from that typical RPG problem of asking you to go in blind when creating your character, with no idea of what classes or combination of stats are going to be useful.

fastwinstondoom
    Participant

The underworld games are a really do need an episode of their own, even if they were briefly mentioned in the ultima episode. It came out before Wolf3d and it is such a crazy technological achivement for the time… also, Warren Spector and Paul Neurath. The start of the immersive sim! Truly a milestone game.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Ultima Underworld 1 and/or 2