Ultrabots (US) / Xenobots (EU)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Ultrabots (US) / Xenobots (EU)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• copypaper
    Participant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultrabots

I would like to suggest the lessor known NovaLogic game Ultrabots for consideration (Xenobots in EU).

Ultrabots made a big impression on me as a kid. It was a little like a mechwarrior, except you commanded a team of giant mechs instead of just one. You had a base you had to protect, and it had a power grid that you build with one of the ultrabots outwards that let your ultrabots run without using their battery. The AI also had a similar base and power grid a little ways away from yours.

There were three kinds of ultrabots with different abilities. I remember you had one that could lay mines and had a stinger missile that was very powerful. Another ultrabot was a scout that could run very quickly and go without power for a long time. Last, you had a humanoid fighting robot.

I remember that the strategy element of the game was a very new concept for the time, making it almost like a very basic RTS where you had first person control. I have no idea if it holds up now, but I remember it as being very innovative for the time and I think it would be fun to go back and play with a group.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Ultrabots (US) / Xenobots (EU)