Unresearched spells

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Fatherbeast
    Participant

When you are asked to choose a new spell to research, it shows you a page with, like, 8 spells to choose from. This is the same screen you get when you choose “apprentice” from the information menu.

Did you know that you can turn the page and look at the spells you cannot choose to research yet, but will be able to eventually. To keep it kind of mysterious, those spells are in a cipher of weird characters.

I deciphered the characters a long time ago, and will often check to see if I have certain spells that I want to make sure of, like in a start just recently, I went through my unresearched spells to make sure I had the crusade spell waiting for me.

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

That is a cool touch. I like it when devs commit to the world they are building and put in things like this that, as you play more and more, you can pick up on, or even decipher. This is a huge plus in my mind.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

That is cool! I’m guessing it’s just a straight substitution cipher, like the standard galactic alphabet in commander keen?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.