What's wrong with the Williams engine?

Home Forums Previous Months 02 – April 2017: Grand Prix Circuit What's wrong with the Williams engine?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Did anyone else notice that the Williams’ engine blows up sometimes even if not in the red?

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I don’t remember this ever happening to me. But to be honest, I almost never pick the Williams anyway 😀

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’ve found with the Williams and the McLaren that swift gear changing is really important to avoid this, but once you get into the habit it allows you to pick up speed very quickly. I haven’t used the Williams enough yet though, which is a shame as it seems nicely balanced between the other two cars 🙂

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Seems nobody likes the Williams much! I really enjoy the speed of it, though I’m not yet sure if I enjoy the handling improvements over the McLaren. Is it a bad compromise?

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’ll have to try the Williams more to say something sensible about it. I never pick it because for each track, I’m trying to guess if I need straight line speed or cornering ability. And in my mind, the Williams offers neither really 😀

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I shall investigate! I’m only going to use the Williams for a few days and see what happens 😀

Might be interesting if people post their times with each car, regardless of whether it’s a competitive time overall.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’ll do that! I’ll use the Williams and post my best times regardless 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I just did 5 laps on Italy in the Williams and the engine was fine. Weird!

I have trouble getting it above 10k revs in 6th gear. When it’s in 5th and approaching the red zone at about 12k, I shift up and it falls back to about 9k RPM. Then it climbs up super slowly to about 10k and then I’m at a corner where I lose speed.

AndriesW
    Participant
    Podcaster

The Williams car may seem an interesting option, as a compromise between the Ferrari and the McLaren. That is until you reach the high end of the fifth gear and shift to sixth…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 02 – April 2017: Grand Prix Circuit What's wrong with the Williams engine?