What's your favourite class?

Home Forums Previous Months 07 – August 2017: Quest for Glory What's your favourite class?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Quest for Glory features 3 classes to base your character on.

1. Fighter

2. Magic user

3. Thief

They each have their obvious strengths and weaknesses. The fighter is strong and can battle his way out of most situations. The magic user is able to cast spells. The thief is very sneaky and has to improvise to get himself out of a tight spot.

It’s also possible to create hybrid characters, for example by choosing the fighter, but then assigning magical abilities.

The fact there are 3 classes also mean a lot of puzzles have multiple solutions, suited for each type of character. And some things can’t even be done by all characters, offering the game some replay value.

It’s really 3 games in one! 😀

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’m personally torn between the Magic User and the Thief. It’s not that I don’t like the Fighter, but I think he’s a bit… boring? He’s very strong, he solves problems by force and while there’s nothing wrong with that, it lacks a bit of cunning I personally prefer.

Choosing the Thief gives you a lock pick at the beginning of the game, which can be quite useful. The Magic User starts with the Zap spell, which is… not that great a spell to be honest 😀

So for QfG I would probably prefer a Thief with magic abilities over a Magic User with thieving skills. But during later games in the series, you can get some special spells if you are a Magic User, so if you want to play the entire series with the same character, picking this class might be interesting.

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

I pretty much always play any game as a wizard. I guess magic appeals to me!

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I also chose to be a thief with some magical abilities. I feel terrible every time I steal something though. I can see the attraction of the warrior, though: I keep getting roughed up every time I step out of the town gates :-/

treadmikeway
    Participant
    Podcaster

In this game I like the Thief the best, but through the course of the series with the inclusion of the Paladin, the Fighter becomes more interesting as it deviates from the Paladin. Except in the 4th game, of course, when the Fighter’s game is genuinely the most vanilla game ever.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 07 – August 2017: Quest for Glory What's your favourite class?