Wits, Fists or Team?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• red.hexapus
    Participant

So, which of the three did you complete or are planning to complete this April? Which of these did you enjoy the most?

I’ve done all three the first time I’ve played the game. I’ve replayed it a few days ago through the Wits path, but I think personally the one I recall to enjoy the most was Team, in which you team up with Sophia to solve the riddles.

Martli
    Participant

Ah, I didn’t even realise this was an option. I guess I’m doing Team.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

I was thinking of possibly doing all three, but most likely fists first, as it’s been the longest since I have played it in that way.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I played this years ago and did fists and wits, but never got around to team. Guess I’m doing that one!

watchful
    Participant

First puzzle after trying “Team” has proven more challenging than I remember. Feels like some vestiges of other paths make things even harder than usual. And while the randomization is a nice touch, I find the extra hot-spots and inventory a bit frustrating.

Ah well, it’s some variety at least. Maybe I’ll give “Wits” or “Fists” a try if I can get through “Teams” fast enough. The story and production quality is just so good.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I played wits back in December last year, I’m going for fists for my first playthrough this time but will probably go back for team as well. That has to be the best option just for the banter.

I expect everyone knows this already but in case not, the first puzzle in the game decides which route gets recommended to you when the choice comes up. There are 3 ways of getting into the theatre each representing one approach.

Martli
    Participant

I had assumed I’d picked team without realising it after the initial sequence walking around with Sophia, but after a bit more playing the selection came up and I chose wits. I didn’t realise there were other ways into the theatre, so I assume I used the wits method for that too…

red.hexapus
    Participant

Yeah, just as Pix wrote above, the first puzzle in the game nudges you towards a certain path, but the actual choice comes up only at the end of Act 1 (after finding the Lost Dialogue of Plato). It’s good to save at this point and reload later on, if one wants to experience all of the paths. The three paths converge back into one at the start of Act 3 (Atlantis), so this Act does not have to be replayed (which I consider to be the worst part of the game).

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

There are very minor differences later on in Atlantis on the paths, having just played through fists and wits (team next), nothing really notable.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I plan to play all three (currently on the team path). Good idea to save at the point where the choice comes up, although getting there is pretty quick if you know the solutions to the puzzles really.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Actually there are multiple puzzles for the lost dialogue, so if you want to replay that bit go for it.

Dreamkid
    Participant

I think there are at least four possible locations for the Lost Dialogue (one of which has two possible solutions). After getting to the end last night, I reloaded a save to experiment a bit, and discovered the location isn’t set in stone from the start of a new game.

I’ve finished the Team Path. I think I totaled a little over six hours because I messed around a bit, and there was one puzzle I had forgotten exactly how to do.

It was the first path I tried back in the day, and I played it so much before trying the other two I think I got a bit tired of it. I think the Wits Path was my favorite. I am planning to play the other two as well as the bad ending 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.