Your questions for the devs

Home Forums Previous Months 82 – July 2023: The Aching Your questions for the devs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

We’ll be interviewing TheLobdegg (and possibly Clarissa) from Hadrosaurus Software soon, the people who brought you The Aching.

If you have any questions for them, please leave them here and we’ll put them before them!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Ah awesome!

Some spoilers possibly.

– What was the significance of the graveyard? A lot of info went into the headstones for instance?
    – The multiple endings, what was the reason for the Cafe/Dream ending and medacine? Also the easter egg cheating ending!
    – Did you originally plan for a much larger game, given the Teleport Stone in the Laboratory, the city over the horizon and the locket?
    – Other easter eggs, the Red ‘Fern’ Herring, The Golden Box?

reidrac
    Participant

The most obvious question is: why a commercial game targeting DOS in 2023? Look and feel is an artistic choice, but surely it could have been all “pretend”.

Looking forward to listen to the interview!

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

As a tangent to the above, why pick the Tandy 1000 rather than something a little later? As an owner I appreciate a new game for the system but I gather none of the dev’s actually owns one themselves.

I’d be interested about the choice to develop a whole new engine rather than building something in the likes of SCI/AGI also. Was this so the game could be commercial?

As for game questions, I need to go back and play the updated version. I’ve no idea how much got added/changed since it was picked for the month.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 82 – July 2023: The Aching Your questions for the devs