Populous, and other Bullfrog classics

Home Forums Game Suggestions Populous, and other Bullfrog classics

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Suggesting Populous, The Original God Game.

I actually got it for free (on Origin I think), I tried it a little bit but having it featured on DGC would be an incentive to really dive into god game history.

Bonus suggestions: Theme Park (I have only played Theme Park World so it would be nice to compare), Theme Hospital (which I played A LOT back in the day!)

LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

Theme Hospital is ace. Haven’t played Populous, and last time I tried Theme Park (on my IBM Aptiva), it ran way way too fast. Shall have to give it a go in DOSBox.

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

ooh yeah I never got bitten by the theme hospital bug and I feel like I missed out on an epidemic.

Popolous is another I’ve never been able to ‘crack’.

I’d also like to suggest Little Big Adventure or perhaps the sequel – although rnlf might veto it;)

edit: oops looks like sorceress beat me to it: https://www.dosgameclub.com/forums/topic/little-big-adventure-1994/

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

OMG, I was unaware that there was a DOS version of Theme Hospital. I’m all for it! I had so much fun with this game back in the day 😀

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Ooh ooh ooh I love this idea. I actually just created a Theme Park thread here not realising it was already mentioned.

I’ve never played Theme Hospital (despite wanting to several times) or even heard of Populous, but would love to give them a go.

Toblakai
    Participant

Talking about bullfrog games, how about Syndicate?

It had good 3d graphics for the time, but I remember it mostly for the distopian futurescape. It had atmosphere in spades.

Raptor85
    Participant

I love theme park, I could play that for hours an hours easily….another bullfrog classic that gets often missed is Magic Carpet, one of my favorite games, doesn’t get nearly enough love.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Populous, and other Bullfrog classics