Alley Cat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

As you can guess from my avatar, I like Alley Cat a lot. It’s only a little game, small enough to fit on a 5ΒΌ” floppy, and it’s about…

…well…

…a cat in an alley. Would yer believe it. There are a few minigames, one involving a twelve-foot block of cheese and another in which you steal milk from killer dogs.

Eighties DOS games, everyone.

Anyway, it could probably be slotted in amongst the ever-growing shareware month that’s been mentioned a few times. It’s not shareware per se, but it’s such a small game that you couldn’t spent a whole two-hour podcast talking about it.

Then again, you said that about Scorched Earth, so…

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

This game looks really charming, and also slightly bizarre (that shot of a 12 foot cheese block in particular!). I’d love to give it a play πŸ˜€

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I used to play this one loads on my “trusty” Sinclair PC 200. It’s a bit of a classic, another one of those games that seemed to come with DOS as it was on every PC at the time. Definitely wouldn’t mind revisiting it.

I’d like the idea of doing a month with a few smaller CGA games such as this. Another two I used to play loads were Flightmare and Sopwith which were great fun at the time if a little difficult to control. I’d be really curious to see what people make of Flightmare, it has you controlling from above and side on simultaneously which takes some getting used to.

LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

You can actually play the game online here, but I suggest playing it on a real machine if you can. Otherwise you won’t get the full PC Speaker experience πŸ˜‰

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

We’re totally going to play the game in December, together with a few other games.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.