Disappointed you can only play as a Clan warrior

Home Forums Previous Months 67 – April 2022: Mech Warrior 2 Disappointed you can only play as a Clan warrior

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Canageek
    Participant

Am I the only one disappointed this game only lets you be a member of Clam Jade Falcon or Clan Wolf? I was really hoping to be from the Federated Suns or another one of the successor states.

Mr Creosote
    Participant

Clan vs. clan, this is really not the most fascinating scenario. I prefer those with a difference of technology level.

Canageek
    Participant

Most of lore I’ve read was set before the clan invasion. The invasion always felt to me like “welp, we got board with the setting we made, so lets knock things around a bunch and see what happens”

Elh
    Participant

You have so many other Mechwarrior titles that only let you play as Inner Sphere. Mechwarrior 1, Crescent Hawk’s Inception and Revenge, Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries, Mechwarrior 3, Mechwarrior 3: Pirate’s Moon, Mechwarrior 4, Mechwarrior 4 Black Knight, Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, and now Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries.

There’s only two games out of this entire series that lets you play as Clans – MW2 and the expansion pack Ghost Bear’s Legacy.

Mr Creosote
    Participant

Playing the tabletop, playing against other human players, I never like the clans. In computer games, playing against a machine, I really appreciate scenarios of clan versus inner sphere, on the other hand.

Canageek
    Participant

The only other Mechwarrior game I’ve played was in an arcade, where you sat in an actual cockpit, so I didn’t know most of them focused on the Inner sphere, my apologies. I’ve mostly read the lore and books when I could get my hands on them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 67 – April 2022: Mech Warrior 2 Disappointed you can only play as a Clan warrior