Planet X3

Home Forums Game Suggestions Planet X3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m sort of surprised not to see this game in the suggestions already!
    Planet X3 is the game by David Murray, also known as the 8-Bit Guy on Youtube. It’s an RTS that will run on a toaster powered by a potato.
    I think it would be cool to do an episode on a brand new homebrew DOS game like this.
    Another option would be retro city rampage (which I think has been mentioned on the podcast a few times), but I like the look of this one better.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

OK, so I just found out why this is not on the list.
    Nevermind!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, I would have loved to cover it, but imho T8BG is pretty much unacceptable as a person.

Augustus_Lagavulin
    Participant

curious as to why that is?

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I wouldn’t want Dos Game Club to start getting political, so let’s just say David Murray said some… unfortunate things, and has acted at times a little less than professionally.

For the record, while I certainly don’t agree with David Murray on those issues, they’re not a dealbreaker for me personally. I’m still happy to watch him on youtube and play PX3.

That being said, I think it’s fair enough that DGC steers clear of him. As I said, we’re into DOS gaming here, not politics, and we wouldn’t want to get caught up in that stuff.

HOWEVER… I think it’s about time we consider some other “new” DOS game. Retro city rampage maybe? There’s enough coming out these days that we should be able to find something.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It’s a misconception to think that you can be “non political”. Not speaking out about something is implicitly saying “I’m okay with the status quo”.

As part of the Retro Computing community, I think it is our duty to hold other retro computerists to a high standard, especially super influential ones like David with millions of viewers.

Playing PX3 essentially means condoning his behaviour. Sure, playing it would probably bring in lots of his viewers as listeners, but that’s not worth it, imho.

As for other new DOS games, sure, certainly! Just put in a message in the Suggestions forum.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

You’re right, it’s not possible to be truly apolitical. I guess what I meant is it’s not the goal of the club to explicitly discuss/inform on political issues. The comment was more about why I didn’t want to get into too many details.

But I’ll get my thinking hat on and see if I can come up with a modern DOS game to suggest!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Planet X3