Under a killing moon, or something else from the fmv adventure era.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Under a killing moon, or something else from the fmv adventure era.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

After the end of monkey island, I remembered this classic.

Featuring fully explorable 3d environments and point and click for doing things. And puzzles. I think this 4 cd classic is worth a play.

It has three sequels and is published by the people that did links 386.

Also features voice of James Earl Jones!

Other similar era games would be cool, like Gabriel Knight 2!

dollarone
    Participant
    Podcaster

This game has a weird-ass story. Really like the setting and characters, but the more you learn, the weirder it gets. Still, would be up to revisit this one!

Pseudo_C
    Participant
    Podcaster

I have had this game in my steam library for quite a while now and never gotten around to playing it. This would be a nice excuse to fire it up and get through it.

Baron81
    Participant

Under a Killing Moon was a masterpiece, along with its sequel, The Pandora Directive: great actors, great atmosphere, multiple endings, sometimes creepy, sometimes funny, a perfect mix of action and puzzle solving.
    Not mentioning also the full 3d enviroment (apart some nuances), it would be great to dedicate one episode of yours to UAKM or TPD.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

UaKM doesn’t have multiple endings, neither does overseer (I might remember wrong), I still haven’t finished TPD, as it crashed last time I played it a few years ago.

Baron81
    Participant

you are right, UAKM does NOT have multiple endings, only TPD have them, many of them are very interesting.. where did you got stuck?
    never played Overseer

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Don’t think I got stuck, it just crashed dosbox.

Overseer and tesla effect are good additions to the series.

PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

I’m late to the party, just finished Under a Killing Moon and it was largely enjoyable. So much, in fact, that I just gifted myself the Pandora Doctrine 🙂

aamiralavi
    Participant

My vote for FMV based adventure games would be Gabriel Knight: The beast within (But only after playing the first game – which is not FMV)

The Under a killing moon series is quite good though

hollywood
    Participant

This is definitely one of my all time favorite adventure games. At the time it came out it was quite the beast with 4 cd’s and hefty requirements. Great acting, fully explorable environments and James Earl Jones! Thank goodness for Dosbox….now I can play this with one click and no cd’s!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Under a killing moon, or something else from the fmv adventure era.