Which Campaign do you like better?

Home Forums Previous Months 68 – May 2022: Krush, Kill ‘n’ Destroy Which Campaign do you like better?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I don’t think I’ll get through both campaigns this month, especially as I’m not very good at RTSes and from what I hear this one gets really difficult later on.
    Just wondering what everyone’s opinions are about the Survivors vs the Evolved, and which would be better to concentrate on?
    I’ve done a few missions of each, and as a rule I generally prefer playing the … good guys? … in games like these.
    Well, at least the ones that are neater dressed and have a blue colour scheme.
    But so far I actually find the Evolved to be more sympathetic. In-game they are certainly coded as the baddies, but the cut scenes tell a different story. The survivors really seem like the bigger a-holes.
    I like the hammy acting, costumes and makeup of each, but I’m not sure which actually has the better story. I feel like it will be the evolved?

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

I got to level 10 of the survivors and hit a brick wall. That level throws so many enemies at you before you can even get your base sorted out. I was slowly making progress with enough saving/loading but decided it had stopped being any fun so I found a DOS game editor someone had put together for editing game stats. You can make units cheaper, tougher, fire faster, etc and I cheated my way past and finished off that campaign. Some of the later missions were a whole lot easier than the one I was struggling on actually. I hadn’t played the evolved at this point which would possibly have helped a little. I’ve kept a save game in case I want to go back and retry.

I’ve rolled those cheats back and started the evolved campaign, done about 4 or 5 missions and have to say I think I prefer it so far. Maybe it’s just because they are led by a fellow Brit, maybe I’ll change my mind when it gets tougher. I do find them more sympathetic as a faction even if the survivors are funnier. There probably isn’t a lot to pick between them. I don’t intend to cheat this time around anyway – we’ll see how long that lasts.

I’m quite liking KKND on the whole. It gets unfair but does seem to favour using actual tactics like pincer attacks, beyond just building up a massive force. With the high difficulty level, it gives the distinct impression of being a C&C mission pack but that’s not such a bad thing.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Yeah, I’ve just discovered that you can edit unit stats as well. I’m pretty sure I’ll never finish this game without cheating, so I think I’ll just steamroll the game this way just so I can see all the levels and cutscenes!
    Can’t say I really feel any guilt hehe

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 68 – May 2022: Krush, Kill ‘n’ Destroy Which Campaign do you like better?