ZakStunts

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

• jeffrey
    Participant

Thank you to user Forshee for posting this in the original suggestion thread, looks like there’s a great community around this game at https://zak.stunts.hu/ that includes a prebuilt “competition” version of Stunts, custom tracks, custom cars, and leaderboards, etc. Going to check it out!

Cas
    Participant

Hi, Jeffrey! I’m a member of the online Stunts community. We’re excited that you’re going to be discussing Stunts this month and well, I thought I should definitely register here.

We currently have four running tournaments and we’ve had many more in the past. ZakStunts is by far the best known and has been on since 2001. I’m actually running another called Race For Kicks at https://www.raceforkicks.com. I’m not a great racer myself. I’m more into building software tools for Stunts. But we have great racers and car makers too.

We do have a forum as well at https://forum.stunts.hu

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It’s absolutely lovely and amazing to see such a vibrant scene around this old game. Very very cool.

We’ll definitely have to get one or more of these folks on the podcast!

Marco
    Participant

Hi my friends from Italy 🙂

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey Marco! I know you are a fast racer, so perhaps you’d like to compete in our Stunts leaderboard!

Marco
    Participant

I went to swimming pool today but, after dinner I will participate live on my channel ok? Marco Plays Dos Games , around 21.00 italian time.

Cas
    Participant

Hey, Tijn! It’ll be great to be in the podcast. When is it going to be?

Marco
    Participant

Hi my friends, sorry I have not saved the replay, but here there’s the live I did . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2D5b3iwy_s

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Wow, awesome laps, Marco! Sadly I missed it live, but I’m watching it back now.

As for the podcast, we’ll first play Stunts for the rest of the month, Cas. Then we’ll move onto scheduling the podcast, so it will be somewhere in July. It would be great to have you on!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Amazing laps @Marco! I’m glad to enjoyed my laps before you totally blew them away 😀

Really enjoyed watching you get frustrated just like the rest of us when we miss that perfect corner! Great stream, keep it up! 🙂

Marco
    Participant

Hi DJ, thank you so much. I was not sure to still be enough fast at 48 but, my reaction time is surviving:). I did a mistake on Barklands cutting too much so that my laptime was not valid :). Let s see you this evening again with the Senna McLaren Mp4 :)))

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hi Marco – great lap today!!
    Brooklands is my track, and it was great seeing you drive it on your channel.
    Not so great that you beat my time though! 😛
    Sorry for the confusion about the correct route to take – thanks for understanding.
    Hope you are enjoying driving this, and our other tracks.
    We are planning to add more to the leaderboard soon!

Marco
    Participant

Hi Spoon, a very enjoiable and fast track, thank you :). The only point that i think i would change is the “ghost” loop on the final part (Asking to do it regularly or removing it). It’s a lucky point more than a skill that can waste a super lap . By the rest is great also with the 3 seconds penalty. Surely we can do better with the McLaren or there s also a Ferrari by Rioma very fast. If it’s possible , I would suggest to decide a fixed car for all of us for the next races. Car decided by the track maker or by the admin.

Marco
    Participant

Last thing I would like to say. I thought that placing a laptime by the same racer would overwrite the previous slower laptime . But i noticed that I have filled the scoreboards with several Marco laptimes. Sorry for that.

DJ_HiP
    Participant

haha, it’s great @Marco, we can climb the ladder of Marco’s as we place better times 😀

And thanks for uploading a Replay too! Will help others understand just how great you are at DOS games, some might say ‘the best’ 😉

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Thanks Marco 🙂
    In fact, the loop used to be where the corkscrew is now, on the other side. I swapped to a corkscrew as I thought it set up for the banking better, but still wanted a loop. Maybe I’ll have a think about putting it at a different point, to turn it more into an advantage than a tough final challenge. Or maybe it should be tough! 😉

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Also, I’ve not tried the Ryoma’s Ferraris yet. Do you mean his 637 Indy, or 641 F1?
    How do they compare with the Indy and McLaren?

Marco
    Participant

:). I’m talking about the 641. I don’t remember very well but I have beaten the McLaren on the default track running something like 1.02 without cutting the corkscrew or cutting the track as well (always a pixel of the car in contact with the road surface also on the chicanes). Usually I play following my strictly GAR rules. Cutting as in the style of this competition , I think we can run under 1 minute with the 641

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jeffrey, you are welcome. Zak Stunts in a outstanding resource.

dreadnaut
    Participant

Passing by to mention that the 2024 season has just started at ZakStunts. New cars, new tracks, same action 🏁

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Awesome!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.