Category and Favorites

Home Forums Previous Months 04 – June 2017: Scorched Earth Category and Favorites

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

It was definitely a category on it’s own:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artillery_video_games

One I remember distinctly was “Satan’s Abysmal Hell” or SAH for short for the Amiga. This game also added a “weight” value to the weapons so nukes and other heavy artillery you had to give more power towards to shoot them further. You couldn’t just shoot a tracer to line up and then switch to a better (ie heavier) weapon to fire it because it would change the trajectory.

Many memories to hot seat gaming when I was in high school. Thanks!

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Oh, that sounds like a sweet take on the genre! Too bad I never heard about it, I think it’s pretty unique. Makes the game a whole lot harder 😀

butterburp
    Participant

Ah, the article mentions Tank Wars. Loved that game. It’s the same as Scorched Earth but not as advanced or graphically nice, and faster paced in general. As with SE, a nuke that goes off can take up half the screen, complete with a screechy BOOM through the PC speaker. Man it is glorious.

TW allows up to 10 players rather than 8. It’s fun to set all of them as “Mr. Stupid” (aka Moron in SE) and watch them fire off in all kinds of random/nonsensical directions, sometimes blowing themselves up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 04 – June 2017: Scorched Earth Category and Favorites