Controls

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

The controls of this game can be a bit unintuitive and it’s easy to miss a feature entirely, so I thought it would be helpful to list them here.

They are:

Left/right – Walk left/right

Up – Take cover, jump/climb (when below a ledge), talk (when next to a person)

Down – Crouch (you can do a cool roll to the left/right when crouched down, useful for evading some enemies), pick up item

Space / F – Jump forward (when unarmed), shoot (when armed)

S – Draw / sheathe weapon

D – Run (hold + arrows, when unarmed), shoot behind you (when armed)

Page up / [ – Go to previous item in inventory

Page down / ] – Go to next item in inventory

E – Use current item in inventory

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Now I must say, this is for my (DOS) version of Blackthorne. I’ve read somewhere that the latest version (which can be downloaded from Blizzard’s servers for free and runs on Windows/Mac) has slightly different controls: http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/comments/blackthorne-keyboard-controls

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Shooting backwards is really a feature that looks cool but it is completely useless except for executing prisoners.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

It’s also very useful for killing friends by accident haha

Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

Thank *goodness* they are explaining what the Windows key is doing in the DOS game 🙂

The controls for the free download are also contained inside the PDF manual that is in the install directory.

Firing this baby up this weekend. I *think* I remember parts of it but I think my memories are more Flashback related rather than from Blackthorne.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.