Difficulty / metagame

Home Forums Previous Months 61 – September 2021: Carmageddon Difficulty / metagame

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

So far I’ve been playing on “medium” difficulty and it’s been alright. Not too challenging really.

As I’ve done a few races, it’s becoming apparent there’s a metagame going on in which you rise through the ranks and unlock additional courses.

You also acquire funds to upgrade your car. After doing a few games on Easy to see what that’s like, I noticed I was getting quite a bit more money that way.

So now I’m wondering: is the difference between the difficulty levels really just the rate at which you progress through the metagame? Because if so, it might be worth playing on Easy, so it’s less of a grind.

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

It changes the amount of money/time you make for near enough everything, recovery cost, the amount of said money you need to improve your rank + unlock tracks and reduces the price of new car parts. All these settings are stored in text files actually so you can go into general.txt and partshop.txt and fiddle with them if you like.

I don’t think there is any change in the actual gameplay as such, beyond being able to afford better car parts. You could make a case for going for easy I guess on that basis. I’ll stick with medium difficulty. I don’t think it’s that massive a game so it should be beatable within the month.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 61 – September 2021: Carmageddon Difficulty / metagame