Fallout (1997)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Fallout (1997)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Fallout is one of those franchises that has survived to this day. To me this game has defined what a “post apocalyptic” game environment looks like.

As a spiritual successor to Wasteland, the original fallout was amazing at the time. Its creation was somewhat turbulent as it started as a GURPS system game but lost the license in the middle of the development. It was made towards the end of the DOS era so the graphics and controls were polished and aged quite well.

As a very dialog heavy game it has managed a perfect blend between seriousness and humour. For me this game is where I actually learned English.

Attachments:

LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

It would be nice to do this since we’ve covered Wasteland in the past. 1997 was also kind of the last bastion for DOS gaming, so it would be interesting to talk about that aspect as well.

The original release includes the DOS version, but unfortunately not the GOG version – as with so many releases of this period.

Can I also say, I *love* the aesthetic.

Evil Taco
    Participant

Maybe I would finally get around to playing this one!

mogglebox
    Participant

This was probably the first PC rpg I ever really got obsessed with, and certainly the first DOS rpg I ever lost sleep over. A big +1 from me!

mister
    Participant

Just wanted to give this gem a +1. The first two fallout games are definitly in my all time favourites list. You could even make a combined episode of both of them.

moggle
    Participant

This game was complex, sprawling, and totally immersive. I lost hours and hours to it. It was easily the first game I played with moral quandaries that I actually agonised over. I still play it to this day, the sheer variety of solutions based on different stat and skill combinations make it incredibly repayable.

RamB
    Participant

+1

reidrac
    Participant

+1

I started playing it not too long ago and I dropped the ball after 8 hours or so. Would love to go back, and the club is a good excuse!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Fallout (1997)