Favourite car

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by wan.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

There are three cars in Grand Prix Circuit. What’s your favourite?

The McLaren might be the obvious choice, as it’s the fastest car in the game. However, it’s also got the worst handling, so getting it around the track successfully (especially on highest difficulty setting) might not be so straightforward.

The Williams is a slower than the McLaren, but has better handling. The handling isn’t as good as the Ferrari however, so this car doesn’t really have something particular going for it.

The Ferrari is the slowest car the game, so it might not be very tempting to use it. However, the handling is superb, so it can go through corners with still quite a lot of speed. It has one other disadvantage though: it has the largest red zone, which means that when shifting manually, you’ll have to watch your RPM meter in order not to blow up your engine.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

So all in all, despite it being the slowest on paper, I really like driving the Ferrari.

I’ve managed to get pretty good lap times with the Ferrari, and I think the handling also enables overtaking around corners more doable.

The McLaren is my 2nd choice, as the speed is simply unmatched.

To me, the Williams is the least interesting car available. I wouldn’t know why I would pick that one over either the Ferrari or the McLaren 😀

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

So far I think I like the Ferrari best, too. Even though I wasn’t able to finish a single race with it so far (thanks to the red area on the tachometer).

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

My favourites, in order: McLaren, Williams, Ferrari.

I think this is just down to how fun it is to drive the car: the first two accelerate very quickly and allow you to get in all kinds of a mess if you’re not taking care 😀

I’ve found that my best Ferrari time is never much better than my best McLaren time (e.g. about a second on Monaco). In contrast on tracks like Germany I can come several seconds ahead in the McLaren.

wan
    Participant
    Podcaster

Back then I always picked the McLaren, but I remember struggling with the handling issues. I didn’t care though because I had the fastest engine on the block x)

20 years later my tastes might have changed a bit though… Time to give it another try, I’ll make sure to report my findings 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.