First impressions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

The game is really attractive, and now I’ve got the music working it’s even better! I had to re-install and select the Soundblaster (not the MIDI option).

I like that one of the first things you see is this menu, plunging you right into the deep end:

Decisions, decisions!

I opted to go with a slightly magical thief character. With no name, apparently. Does anybody know how I can hack the save file to change this? 😀

Attachments:

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

After wandering around and looking at many interesting things, I spoke to this guy about some bandits. I have to say the animations are pretty impressive even today.

Attachments:

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

Unfortunately then I ran into someone who was less helpful. Let this be a reminder to save often, kids!

What a monster!

Attachments:

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Haha, I think this is a typical first impression at this game, toasty 😀

It’s definitely a good idea to save often. That’s a thing in most Sierra games and QfG is no exception.

I think picking a magical thief is definitely one of the most interesting ways to play the game.

I’m currently playing the EGA version with a magic user character who has some thieving abilities, which is sort of the same thing 😀

synertia
    Participant

You’ll die in combat for a while until you get its rhythm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.