Found you guys through this game

Home Forums Previous Months 45 – June 2020: Gateway Found you guys through this game

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Naikhanom
    Participant

Hello guys, I played Gateway a long time ago when a friend lent me his PC when he was on holiday, being an Amiga owner at the time, it was fun to play through all the PC games at the time – half of which you’ve already covered.

For some reason this game really stuck with me, it’s really simple, but the story really grabbed me.

I’m half-way through a play through now and had no idea there was a sequel, I’m going to look that up once I finish this.

Any links for the sequel would be appreciated if you have them?

I’ll keep following and subscribe to the podcats. Great work guys!

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey thanks!

Sadly I have no idea how to get hold of Gateway 2. The first game was released for free through Gateway’s website, but the second wasn’t. It also doesn’t appear to be on sale anywhere, so I’m afraid the only option is to either look on eBay or something, or try to get it from a dodgy abandonware website.

Naikhanom
    Participant

Thank you Tijn, I found a copy. I’m going to give it a try.

I listened to the episode today too. There was so much bits of extra interesing things about the game and the dev in there, you guys really did your research!

Oh and kudos finishing the game in your second language, too. I don’t think I could manage it in mine.

I played when I was 15 or 16 years old and got to the part where you meet Becker and got stuck there so needed the guide to help me, I remember getting right to the end in hell and couldn’t complete it even with the guide, last time I kept getting killed ad infinitum.

I did pretty much the same this time, completing everything as far as Becker without a guide, grabbing a few hints, then getting to Hell again, only this time I figured out how to break the loop and completed it.

It was nice to revisit that little story and put to bed something that had been bugging me for ages that I didn’t finish it.

Looking at the list it looks like you’ve played a whole bunch of games I loved, so going to revisit a bunch of them and catch up on the podcasts.

Thanks again.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Welcome, Naikhanom!

“You guys really did your research” – it’s usually Tijn alone who digs really deep into all of this. All kudos to him!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 45 – June 2020: Gateway Found you guys through this game