Hello from Brazil!

Home Forums User Introductions Hello from Brazil!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Duplode
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m Daniel, usually known online as Duplode (capitalisation optional). I’ve been more often than not around computers since my days as a kid in the 90’s, which naturally involved playing a fair share of DOS classics. These days I’m mostly active in the Stunts community, be it racing or cooperating on its projects.

You have built a beautiful site in this corner of the internet, and I love the range of games covered by the podcast. Glad to be here, cheers!

DJ_HiP
    Participant

Welcome! Great to have a stunts legend here 😀

What other genre’s are you into?

Is there any lesser known DOS games which have come out of Brazil?

Duplode
    Participant

Thank you @DJ_HiP! 🙂

Though as of late I’ve been really slow in picking up new games or even revisiting classic ones, I’m partial to plenty of racing (highlights from the 90’s include Fatal Racing/Whiplash and Geoff Crammond’s Grand Prix series) and football games, have a soft spot for some RTS (even though I’m not at all good at it), and always enjoy a good old-school JRPG (though that’s mainly a console/emulator pursuit).

As for your other question, the first thing that comes to mind is the football management game Elifoot — that one, however, is actually Portuguese rather than Brazilian, and more closely associated to the 98 and XP eras than to the DOS one. Still, it’s a pleasantly retro experience. Here is a gameplay teaser drawn from YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjz5VH-hlMI

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Hello from Brazil!