Hello, World!

Home Forums User Introductions Hello, World!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Wesbat
    Participant

I’m Wesley, and have been listening to the podcast since January. I really enjoy it, great work everyone!

Here’s some info about me:

My first PC encounter was playing Doom on a laptop which my dad brought home from work for the weekend. I don’t recall the laptop specs, only that it ran DOS and Wordperfect 5, around 1996. The following year we got our very own PC, a Pentium 100 with a whopping 32mb RAM!

I remember playing Prince of Persia, Doom, The Incredible Machine, Sim Ant / City, Duke 3D and others I can’t recall now. I also dived into Pascal programming, this interest would later turn into a career (I program enterprise applications).

Some random bits:

We didn’t have internet at home, little did I know there were entire communities formed around some of these games. I was thrilled when I discovered a thriving Doom community!

I’m not a rage gamer (as in the latest games), but I go bonkers for old games!

I still play Doom, and I keep a file with my personal best runs (uv max category).

I make hobbyist pc games as a creative outlet. Lately I find completing projects a challenge, mostly due to the number of projects I have ongoing, but I want to create a plan of action so that 2024 will be my year of completion 😁

I bought a print copy of K&R and started learning C, with a goal to make a DOS game.

I am currently living in Australia (NSW), and grew up in South Africa.

That’s it for now!

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hi Wesbat, welcome!
    Glad you’re enjoying the episodes 🙂
    Hope they remind you of your favourites and inspire you to try some you didn’t know!

Wesbat
    Participant

Thanks Spoonboy!
    Funny you should say that, episode #79 inspired me to try Alien Legacy. Had a blast with that game!

Spoonboy
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hehe, it was like that for me with games like Street Rod.
    And I’d barely looked at Stunts before playing for the recent episode. Now I’m regularly playing in two racing competitions for it! XD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums User Introductions Hello, World!