Jazz Jackrabbit (and/or Jazz CD)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Jazz Jackrabbit (and/or Jazz CD)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• LunarLoony
    Participant
    Podcaster

Hi there. New to the club, so forgive me if I do something wrong. Loving the podcast thus far, and I thought I’d suggest one of my childhood favourites.

Episode 2 is ludicrously difficult, but otherwise it’s a very fun game, and a great way to demonstrate that the PC could stand up to the 16-bit consoles. (Of course, the PlayStation was right round the corner, but still…)

The shareware version can be found here, and the full version can be picked up on GOG.com.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Hey, welcome! You’re doing everything right. Even the game you suggest is great!

fneddy
    Participant

Hi,

+1 for this. Jazz Jackrabbit is my all time favorite DOS game. I remember, me and my sisters playing this all day and night back around 2000. Some weeks ago i retried it. Was really fun ?

iGonzalez
    Participant

Love it! Jazz Jackrabbit was the Mario and Sonic for the MSDOS kids!

dr_st
    Participant

Yes, I enjoyed Jazz at the time. Very great music, secrets within levels, secret levels (in 3D!), fast-paced Sonic-style gaming – all great. The platforming and collision detection is a bit annoying though.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Since we’re doing Jill now, it seems a bit odd to do a platformer immediately again. But I think we could maybe make Jazz Jackrabbit the next platformer we do 🙂

watchful
    Participant

+1 for this game.

For those who find the view too zoomed in there is also OpenJazz. It re-implements the game with high resolution support to see more of the play field. While DOS is not supported it does have ports for 3DS and Wii as well as Windows and Linux.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

Jazz was Mario or Sonic for MS-DOS? Them’s fighting words haha!
    In my circle of friends and acquaintances, that title definitely belonged to Commander Keen, even if a lot of people now feel like the CK games didn’t age as well as Jazz… I disagree because I am a diehard Keen fan, but that’s just me.
    Jazz is definitely an important game though, and I think it would make a great podcast episode.

fneddy
    Participant

Don’t know if this info is supposed to go in the forums, but currently jazz and jazz2 are on sale at gog for ~1.50.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The forum ‘Accepted Suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Accepted Suggestions Jazz Jackrabbit (and/or Jazz CD)