List Of Games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

This has to be one of the more unlikely topics I’ve seen for a month. I’ve never played a cricket game in my life, no idea how well the sport will translate. I had a look on Mobygames and there’s a few to pick from. The ones I’ve found are :-

Allan Border’s Cricket (1993) – Audiogenic Software Ltd.
    Battle for the Ashes (1995) – Audiogenic Software Ltd.
    Cricket 96 (1996) – Beam Software Pty., Ltd.
    Cricket 97 (1997) – Beam Software Pty., Ltd.
    Ian Botham’s Cricket (1992) – Gamart
    Sticky Wicket (1992)
    World Cricket (1994) – Zeppelin Games Limited

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah this is an extremely left-field choice, but we’ve had a request to check out Allan Border’s Cricket by DGC member Toasty since the very beginning, so we figured we might as well give it a chance.

I don’t even know the rules of cricket, so there will be a lot to unpack here lol

sorceress
    Participant

Haha, I can’t wait for this one!

The sound of leather on willow
    The run of the crease
    Boycott scores a century
    It’s raining again, so…
    … back inside for tea and crumpets!

I hope you will spend a good chunk of the episode discussing the rules too. So if listeners don’t take anything else away from the episode, at least they’ll have those

toasty
    Participant
    Podcaster

I should clarify that my request was a) a joke, and b) for any cricket game in general. I can’t guarantee that Allan Border’s Cricket is one of the better ones! That said I will happily try some cricket games B-)

I’ve never played a DOS cricket game, but those I played on a PlayStation gave a slightly weird impression of the sport. I recommend playing these with a newspaper, a cup of tea and a few biscuits to hand, for the authentic cricket experience.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.