Home › Forums › Previous Months › 48 – September 2020: Wing Commander › Little details and amusing bits
This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Psy 5 months, 1 week ago.
After replaying the game, I discovered a lot of small details I didn’t remember from back in the day:
– You don’t need to follow waypoints and you can visit them in reverse order.
– You can avoid combat just going around a hot area undetected.
– If you leave some enemies alive (the ones that run home for example), if you then revisit the same area, those enemies are going to be waiting for you 🙂
– You can trick the AI into destroying their own capital ships just playing hide-and-seek behind them.
– You can auto-destroy enemy ships just guiding them to the Tiger’s Claw navpoint. This also might happen while entering an asteroid field.
– Enemy ships can run into asteroids and be destroyed.
– The autopilot sequence take place on the exact position of the player ship: you can see debris from the recent combat and also collide to capital ships if they are in the path.
– Not sure if this happened on WC1 or WC2, but an enemy squadron can break home if you destroy the wing leaders.
My favorite weapon: mass driver
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.