Little details and amusing bits

Home Forums Previous Months 48 – September 2020: Wing Commander Little details and amusing bits

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• Psy
    Participant

After replaying the game, I discovered a lot of small details I didn’t remember from back in the day:

– You don’t need to follow waypoints and you can visit them in reverse order.

– You can avoid combat just going around a hot area undetected.

– If you leave some enemies alive (the ones that run home for example), if you then revisit the same area, those enemies are going to be waiting for you 🙂

– You can trick the AI into destroying their own capital ships just playing hide-and-seek behind them.

– You can auto-destroy enemy ships just guiding them to the Tiger’s Claw navpoint. This also might happen while entering an asteroid field.

– Enemy ships can run into asteroids and be destroyed.

– The autopilot sequence take place on the exact position of the player ship: you can see debris from the recent combat and also collide to capital ships if they are in the path.

– Not sure if this happened on WC1 or WC2, but an enemy squadron can break home if you destroy the wing leaders.

My favorite weapon: mass driver

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 48 – September 2020: Wing Commander Little details and amusing bits