Monkey Island is coming!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

Time to break out ScummVM or whatever else you have to play the game (I’ll probably be playing on my Enhanced CD version, which is somewhere).

You can’t die in this game (well, not 100% true), you should comfortably go and do whatever you need. You also shouldn’t get stuck.

Also, play Monkey Island in your native language (maybe?)!

Things to try and remember:
    Using the keyboard for verbs, instead of clicking on them.
    Pull and push are different verbs for different things, this is important at one point of the game.
    Play the special edition, if you really feel like having a talkie version.
    Play the official sequels, or the TellTale series.
    Drink Grog.
    Figure out what is grog.
    Become a pirate

If you get stuck, feel free to ask me for a pointer forward.

Look behind you a three headed monkey!

Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

Is playing the Steam released Special edition but switching the graphics mode result in the same game as playing the original? I don’t believe any puzzles were changed but wanted to check before I install.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

The graphics and audio are the same as the vga enhanced cd version, or some version very similar. I can check later today.

Mgoddard
    Participant
    Podcaster

I was going to do some Googling but didn’t want any reminders/spoilers for puzzles if they started getting into details!

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

The opening credits seems to be unskippable and ‘new’, but otherwise it works exactly the same as the CD Enhanced VGA version (including +/- text speed and keyboard shortcuts for verbs).

Fatherbeast
    Participant

The special edition has a slightly different control scheme, which I found awkward. I had to switch over to classic mode in order to get the herring, for example.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.