Note to self: this is not Gobliiins

Home Forums Previous Months 59 – July 2021: The Lost Vikings Note to self: this is not Gobliiins

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’ve never actually played Gobliiins. But before this month I had also never played Lost Vikings. For some unknown reason I’ve always mixed these games up in my mind, thinking Lost Vikings was published by Sierra, while in fact it was developed by (what later would be) Blizzard.

Has anyone played both? Are they even remotely similar haha

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

Well, there are 3 protagonists, each with different skills in both. I suppose they are kind of similar except Gobliiins is puzzle-oriented and doesn’t have all the platforming. I always considered them to be adventure games essentially.

I’ve played them a bit but can’t say I know the series all that well. They would be a good choice for another month.

yozy
    Participant
    Podcaster

The big difference is that gobliiins is mouse-controlled and afaik the area is always only one one screen. I don’t think you can die either.

The insane thing too is that the first gobliiins at least is in 16 colours (with rolling palette).

Titanduck
    Participant

Gobliiins was a adventure game as Yozy stated, you could die in the game and you could get softlocked if you took the wrong items or left the wrong items.
    It was also mouse controlled.

Lost vikings was a platformer.

The biggest differences between those two games are

Adventure game/Platformer
    Mouse controlled/Keyboard-controller
    Goblins/Vikings

I personally did not enjoy gobliiins at all, i loved gobliins 2 and goblins 3 however.

I thing i did not notice until a couple of years ago was that Gobliiins has 3 “I”s because you control 3 goblins.

Gobliins 2 has Two because you control 2

And you guessed it, Goblins 3 has one “I” because you control 1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 59 – July 2021: The Lost Vikings Note to self: this is not Gobliiins