On sale now (GOG)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Martli
    Participant

In case you don’t already own this game (like me as of a few days ago), it’s now on sale over at GOG, just in time for April!: https://www.gog.com/en/game/indiana_jones_and_the_fate_of_atlantis

(I don’t have an affiliate link or anything)

I’m really looking forward to this one. I didn’t actually know about Lucas arts adventure games in the 1990s. I’m not sure why, I guess I only played the Sierra adventure games (and even then, only the first generation ones).

I did eventually discover these when a friend recommended the Retro Ahoy documentary on Monkey Island, and it was like a revelation for me. It’s kind of like getting to relive the experience of playing my favourite games for the first time all over again. So yeah, super stoked to play this one and add another legendary adventure game to my collection.

watchful
    Participant

Interesting that the GOG version uses ScummVM instead of an official and native SCUMM port.

Steam’s version has graphics smoothing, which can be turned off with Alt+S, and my guess is it doesn’t have any bugs in its IQ points. Then again ScummVM apparently has smoother scrolling and allows one to use better quality assets like Amiga music.

I’m curious to retry the DOS version, such as via ExoDOS, to see how it compares.

Martli
    Participant

I just ripped the game files from the gog install and put it on my DOS PC. I’m playing it on a recently acquired CRT monitor with (emulated) MT-32 music. An absolutely fantastic way to experience it 😃. Maybe I’ll have to do a side-by-side comparison.

firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

If you do play it with SCUMMVM, the community has put in a lot of effort to improve compatibility, so download the latest off the website. Or you can use DREAMM.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.