Planet X3 (or other modern dos games)

Home Forums Game Suggestions Planet X3 (or other modern dos games)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Divarin
    Participant

Hi all, I’ve been catching up on the podcast backlog. There were a few episodes were it was mentioned Planet X3 and that it would be covered in another episode but that didn’t happen.

I would find it interesting to cover this game or maybe some other modern home-brew dos game(s).

Personally, I haven’t played X3, I have played X2 on the c64 but I’m not a huge fan of the genre although the game itself seems pretty well made. However I would find the occasional episode covering modern dos games interesting.

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Yeah, we were interested in X3 because of the novelty of a modern DOS game, but we found some issues with it and also didn’t really find the game particularly good, so we abandoned this idea.

There are other modern DOS games in development however, and recently Hadrosaurus has released The Aching for example (https://hadrosoft.itch.io/the-aching) which looks great.

So right now we’re thinking of covering that game in future month.

We’re always on the lookout for other modern DOS games too, it does seem interesting to talk about this stuff for sure!

Divarin
    Participant

Yeah I’m not a big fan of the real-time strategy genre. I haven’t tried X3 myself but I have tried X2 on the c64. Like you I was roped in by the novelty of a new game for an old system (which wasn’t that common back in 2017, or 18, or whenever it came out as it is now).

I am a huge fan of adventure games though so The Aching looks pretty cool.

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

What Tijn meant but is too polite to say is that our problem lies with T8BG for his gun bullshit, while the people who made The Aching are extra cool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Planet X3 (or other modern dos games)