Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity

Home Forums Game Suggestions Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• firefyte
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s a rather nice adventure game, with some branching methods to solve puzzles.

Moby:
    “Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the Federation starship USS Enterprise-D, is on a mission to encounter an ultimate threat to the known galaxy. The game starts with a Federation outpost detecting an unknown ship approaching Federation space; the Enterprise is sent to deal with this new situation. The mystery ship appears to be a small scout-ship from Garid that has lost power to its engines and as a result has sailed off of its intended course. Suddenly, a Romulan Warbird battleship from Garid uncloaks itself right between the protagonist and the new ship, and thus a new story begins.

A Final Unity is a hybrid game with adventure and strategy segments. Whilst on the ship the player can use the tactical console to engage in occasional battles against enemy, repair damaged systems, and select teams for away missions. These missions constitute the larger portion of the game, and are played like a traditional point-and-click adventure, including item manipulation and puzzle-solving. Dialogues may vary depending on the crew members previously selected by the player.”

rnlf
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

I’m in! I just stumbled upon a big box copy of the game in a thrift store a few weeks ago. Time to put it to good use!

sorceress
    Participant

“Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the Federation starship USS Enterprise-D, is on a mission to encounter an ultimate threat to the known galaxy.”

He ran out of Earl Grey tea?

PixelProphecy
    Participant
    Podcaster

I remember obsessively playing that one back in the day. I think I came across a plot-stopper but where at one point an entity confiscated my away team’s phasers but I needed them for something. And the ship vs ship battles were horribly tedious! Though overall I would say that this game captures the spirit of STTNG best, exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new life and such. I’m all for it 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity