Subwar 2050

Home Forums Game Suggestions Subwar 2050

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

I just came across this seemingly forgotten gem reading through an old computer magazine, and I’m wondering why I haven’t heard of it before.
    It seems like a pretty unique and fun concept, with a lot of little details to really immerse you and make it feel realistic.

A quick rundown: it’s a submarine simulation, but you’re in a speedy one-man sub, so the game handles more like a flight-sim. It’s a dystopian future where corporations rule everything, and you’re a mercenary sabotaging your employer’s competition.
    It seems to go all-in with the underwater simulation too, with thermal layers, turbulence, sonar and even sea life like whales and fish.

I reckon it could be quite a fun one to cover here, especially for all the unique elements!

pointer
    Participant

I never played this one, but it reminds me of playing Archimedean Dynasty from 1996.

Maybe the podcast could do an episode on submarine games, or even naval simulators in general. Those were kind of a trend in the 90s.

TigerQuoll
    Participant
    Podcaster

It does look similar to Archimedean Dynasty. TBH, before seeing this game I wasn’t aware of any submarine-sims for DOS apart from a few very sluggish ones from the very early 90s. It seems a whole genre passed me by!

By the way, shout out to psy for suggesting SubWar before me. I didn’t realise there was already a post about it back when I made this one!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Game Suggestions Subwar 2050