UK Magazine Scans

Home Forums Previous Months 17 – June 2018: Tyrian UK Magazine Scans

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

It’s becoming a habit that I dig through my pile of old PC magazines looking for some reviews for each months game. I’ve struggled to find much for Tyrian. I’ve loads of magazines for that era but Shareware games got very little to no coverage. Here are the two mentions I did find at any rate:-

Tijn
    Keymaster
    Podcaster

Good find! I suppose when Tyrian came out, the magazines were mostly covering AAA games.

It’s funny to see the difference between what got attention back then and what is considered a classic now.

Thanks for sharing!

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

The UK mags would tend to review near enough everything that had a full release even if it only got a few lines at the back of the magazine. I reckon shareware was still seen as second class and more something to fill up those demo CD’s with. It’s probably a hangup from before it got professional with the likes of Id and Epic. They would sometimes have a separate shareware section but it would be brief considering just how much was being churned out.

void
    Participant

Hi @Pix, which Magazine is that? Could provide the name and issue of the magazine? I would like to try to find and read it.

Thanks 🙂

Pix
    Participant
    Podcaster

It should say on the scans but the top one is PC Format Issue 50, the bottom is PC Gamer #24.

void
    Participant

Yes, you’re right. Now that I look them better It appears on the scans. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Previous Months 17 – June 2018: Tyrian UK Magazine Scans