Unofficial “Special Edition”

Home Forums Current game: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Unofficial “Special Edition”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• watchful
    Participant

This unofficial “Special Edition” is curious, even if only a demo. Seems to be of high quality. The original is a masterpiece of course, so it’s interesting to see the same scenes ever-so-slightly re-imagined.

What do folks think?

red.hexapus
    Participant

I’ve looked at the screenshots at the website, but I feel that the transition to high quality has lost a lot of a original pixel art charm of the game.

I’ve felt the same for Monkey Island (Remastered Special Edition vs VGA).

dr_st
    Participant

The nice thing about the Monkey Island SE games was that you could switch between modern high-quality and classic pixel graphics on the fly.

But I never did. Since I didn’t play these games as a child, I had no nostalgic value attached to the original pixel art, and it does not looks as charming on a big hi-res LCD as it did on contemporary CRTs.

watchful
    Participant

Money Island was just before my gaming era started and I also love the special editions. The pixel art is nice too, yet a bit harder to see small items. So given the choice I prefer high resolution alternatives, at least as long as they have roughly the same feel.

Jozxyqk
    Participant

I am firmly in the “original pixelart”-camp, but combined with them fancy crt shaders.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Home Forums Current game: Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Unofficial “Special Edition”